CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE
- What is Civil Asset Forfeiture?
- Civil Asset Forfeiture involves the seizure of any asset (cash, automobiles, jewelry) or piece of property (i.e. house) that a defendant owns that is believed to have been used in the commission of a crime or was purchased with the proceeds from a crime.
- Common Questions Asked
- What is the Civil Asset Forfeiture Law in New Jersey? - N.J.S.A. 2C:64-1
- What property is subject to seizure in New Jersey Forfeiture Law?
- Click Here to read the statute in its entirety